Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Rejoice!...Psalm 118:24

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. (NKJV)

Rejoice!! 


How is it in your part of the world today? Mine started with more snow...sigh...  Not enough to have many inches, but enough to once again make daily schedules uncertain. I've mentioned before that winter is a tough season for me. Although snow is pretty, it can make travel dangerous and I am not bold about going out in it at all. I wish I were braver about driving in snow...but I'm not. I admit it...driving in snow is a great fear of mine. So this morning as I lay in bed worrying about what to do with my day and my work schedule, this scripture from Psalms came to me. No matter what the day holds, fears and all, I want to rejoice and be glad in this day because the Lord made this day and it is a day of life and being able to serve Him! And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing! The Message translates Psalm 118:24 this way: This is the very day God acted--let's celebrate and be festive! How would you like to be festive today, rejoicing in this day of life? I plan to rejoice by praising God with each breath I take, happy in the knowledge that my life is in His very capable hands! Rejoice in this day...snow or no snow!!
debbiethisandthat.blogspot.com

As always, please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day!

Until Next Time,
Debbie
Linking to Katherine's Corner blog hop. Please visit her blog and all the other great blogs on the bloghop. Peonies and Orange Blossoms is also a co-host of the blog hop. 

6 comments:

Karen said...

We got snow today too. Any is too much for me! I have to go to work in it no matter what. This verse is what I say each day the second I open my eyes, or even before! It helps me to remind myself before beginning the day.

Debbie Styles Life said...

Be safe in the snow! This verse is a wonderful way to start your day.

julie Wunder said...

We've got snow this morning too! I am also not a fan :-) Hope you stay warm and safe this weekend.

The Fabulous Journey said...

That's the way to be thankful in all things...it is cold, but it holds great beauty too! Thanks for adding your inspiring post to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop...see you again soon.

Shellie
www.thefabjourney.com

Debbie Styles Life said...

Thanks, Shellie...I try to see the positive side of things whenever possible!!

Debbie Styles Life said...

Hope you are doing well,Julie! Thank you so much for visiting and for your comment. Have a great day!