Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring Forward Foyer Table, Coloring Books and Go Take A Hike!

Spring Forward.....On The Foyer Table!


Happy Saturday, dear readers! Are you ready to "Spring Forward?" Those clocks have to be set ahead one hour tonight before we go to bed. That means we lose an hour of sleep. It's been a really busy week for me, no time for a mid-week post, so losing an hour of sleep doesn't sound great at all!! But, I know I'll enjoy the extra light in the evenings. 


Today, I'm springing forward on the foyer table, showing you how I have styled the table for early Spring. These photos are a bit dark, I realize. I snapped them one evening this week when it was dark outside and no natural light. Sorry about that. As you can see, I'm keeping it simple right now on the table with shades of blue. The wooden bunnies were made for me many years ago by one of my former teacher assistants who is a gifted artist. I just love them!


I added another wooden bunny on the bottom shelf. It says "Easter Blessings." This bunny was a gift to me by my "Secret Pal" at work last year. This bunny has more grey and pink and I think those colors go well with the blue on the bunnies above.


Here is the completed look. It's very understated. But, that's OK for early Spring. I may add more or change things up as we get past Easter. Sorry for the blurriness. 


Adult Coloring Books


Oh my...that heading sounds a little bit racy doesn't it??!! I assure you there is nothing "naughty" about these adult coloring books! I've always loved coloring and was so excited to see that it is now being promoted for adults. We have "permission" to color again! (Not that we really needed permission).


I find it very soothing to color and there are so many choices for pictures. As you can see above, I have coloring books for snowflakes, nature and flowers. You can also download pics from the Internet to color. So, you can imagine my delight when I got an email about the following.....

 info@debbiemacomber.com 

You know Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite authors and I was thrilled to see that she is coming out with an adult coloring book that will be available April 16th! According to her newsletter, it features knitting images, soothing landscapes and scenes from her Rose Harbor and Blossom Street series. Looking forward to seeing it!


Go Take A Hike!!


In true "this and that" fashion, I have one more thing to share with you today! Last evening, Mr.thisandthat and I took an evening hike on one of our beautiful, nearby trails. I could tell I don't have my "hiking feet" back from being more sedentary this winter. Thought I was doing enough treadmill. Oooops!! The photo above was snapped as I looked up through the trees at the evening sky. 


A glance ahead at the trail. Remember, it was evening so low light for my phone camera.


And a final peek through the trees at our beautiful mountains! 

************************************************************************
So, are you relaxed?  I hope you are able to take time this Saturday to do whatever helps you relax. Whether it's Spring decorating, doing some coloring, taking a hike or whatever appeals to you....may you have a blessed and peaceful Saturday!  I would LOVE for you to leave a comment below about how you spend your Saturdays...or about anything else you would like to share! And remember......

Spring Forward!!!
Green Alarm Clock
http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=70056&picture=green-alarm-clock

Until Next Time,
Debbie

3 comments:

Karen said...

Just came in from pulling weeds! They always survive our cold winters. Lovely outside today so I won't be inside! Gorgeous scenery where you live. And your foyer table is really cute! I love the pastels after all the dark of winter!

Debbie Styles Life said...

Oh my...weed pulling sounds like hard work! But, it sounds like you were enjoying the outdoors so that's good! Thank you for your kind comments about the foyer table. Do you blog, Karen? If so, I'd love to read your blog!

Karen said...

I don't blog Debbie. I have thought about it but that's as far as I've gotten so far! You have given me something to think about...😊